Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the story on the Nomad? Hows the design? Pros Cons? Outfitting? Plastic? Anyone found any problems? Thanks. Does it paddle like any other boat you've tried?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Several people on this board paddle a nomad. Most of them are out paddling. I have paddled one and liked it.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Didn't like it. I only got to paddle the longer version of the Nomad on Pine creek, but it has all of the negatives of the CFS with none of the positives of a longer boat like the Gus. It's fairly slow given it's length (both the Gus and Salto are faster) and I thought it turned poorly compared to the Gus and Salto. I love my CFS, but was considering a longer boat with more broach bars and was sorely dissappointed in the Nomad. I am 6'1'' and 180lbs wet. I only paddled it once and not on a creek, so get some other opinions too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just got the small one when the CFS cracked and have only paddled it in the crystal gorge and dillon reservoir. that said, i also tried the big'un on the black canyon. so far, the boat has been excellent, enters eddies crisply, has enough speed, is stable, and boofs like a champ. all told, its predidactable, stable, and changes direction nicely while still holding a line. as for durability, the jury's out still. i found the large nomad to be a bit too large for our colorado creeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts