Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 33 year old Loveland man died Friday night after falling in the river while trying to retrieve a raft. The victim was not wearing a PFD and his body was recovered the next day near Upper Landing, less than a mile downstream from where he fell in the river.

Other than his name the above info is all that has been released.
Nothing indicates if he was a rafter trying to retrieve his own boat or
a non rafter trying to grab a boat floating by. The curious part of the story is that it happened immediately below the Lower Narrows, a seldom rafted
section of the Poudre.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of so many river fatalities in a summer. There's a body in the Rogue right now, the deaths on cherry creak, browns, roaring fork, and I might be missing some. Sucks, I wish people would stop drowning in the river.:(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of so many river fatalities in a summer. There's a body in the Rogue right now, the deaths on cherry creak, browns, roaring fork, and I might be missing some. Sucks, I wish people would stop drowning in the river.:(
I feel like there's way less deaths this year. I think clear creek might have made it the entire season? Usually there's a few...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I feel like there's way less deaths this year. I think clear creek might have made it the entire season? Usually there's a few...
I agree with that. Clear Creek has been relatively quiet this season (which is a great thing) as it usually claims a hand full of people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts