Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:twisted: Just looking to see when and if escalante is running. I am not sure exactly which basin is the drainage for escalante on snotel? I am a durangatang and valle has been running a little bit, but we are trying to find a couple of people who know the illness of the lines on escalante and would like to go paddle it someday. John @ 970-259-3316. I will be pretty busy for the next couple of weeks, but an exception can always be made for a new run of the class V caliber. :wink: :shock:

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's not up to any sort of boatable level yet, the last cool stretch slowed down the rise. Maybe another week. As usual, I'll be checkin it out on Friday, will letcha know if its up.
WaterMan

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I will be ready to go when it is time. thanks for your help. if you ever want to run anything down here nad need partners then let me know!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
John, I have no idea whether it is running or not. But in terms of the "illness of lines" Escalante isn't nearly as difficult or commiting as Vallecito. I have only done Vallecito once at 2.4, so I can't compare any other levels, but Escalante will be a low grade 5- if it goes this year. The water is warm, and you can walk and scout everything. Just don't run anything blind if you don't have a guide, mostly due to wood and a couple ugly rock placements. The book is pretty tell all...and Escalante is in my opinion a much easier run than Valle. You don't need a guide. Very fun nonetheless.

I may give you a call in a few weeks for Valle. My parents live down there, and I loved that run.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Kyle- I think I'm headed to CB/Durango the week of the 15th (unless I go to the Kern). Maybe we can do Vallecito together then. I"ll call you as my plans get more solid.

steve

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats up guys, this is johnny down here in dur. At the exact moment snow is falling and coolness has locked up the snow from melting. animas has come down about 300. i think that valle is down too, it gets cold up there. but give me a call if some of you guys want and we will run something. Right on!
I just went and saw the white album , it was a cool vid and now i am finishing a couple of papers and just dreamin' about creeks. Why not procrastinate on mountainbuzz for a while? Give a call, i'm ready to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts