Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been 5 years since Daryle died wile trying to save a customer in ten mile rapid on the upper a. if you knew him, Please leave a message, also feel free to remember any friends or family you have lost on the river.
Peace
JT

·
Old Timme'
8 Posts
RememberDaryle

Daryle and his brother Eric played on my hockey team in Eagle Colorado. Wonderful even tempered person which can be challenging for many of us on the ice. He is missed but never forgot. A salute to #18...
Karl

·
Registered
147 Posts
Daryle's wife Angie was teaching our kids at the time that went down. We think of both of them at this time of year. Best wishes to Angie and peace to all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Though I never knew Daryle on the river, I had the great pleasure to work with him at the Vail Ski School. He was a gifted skier and instructor as well as an inspirational trainer. His heroism comes as no suprise to those of us who knew him . He is missed.

Charlie

·
Registered
1 Posts
its been 5 years since Daryle died wile trying to save a customer in ten mile rapid on the upper a. if you knew him, Please leave a message, also feel free to remember any friends or family you have lost on the river.
Peace
JT
Daryle is my oldest son. He loved the river...especially the Upper Animas when it ran fast and furious...and, to ski Prima at Vail. Five years ago, he and I were planning to raft the Upper together even though I had never been in anything more than Class III. Needless to say we didn't quite get to run that trip. We all miss him more than words can say. Bogie

·
Registered
49 Posts
Daryle was a great guide and a ton of fun to work with. I learned a lot from him guiding together at M2W. He knew how to make everyone laugh and always made the river a lot more fun.

He was also a great leader with YL. All the kids loved to be around him and always looked up to him.

He is missed in every community he was a part of.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Was thinking of "five bellies" yesterday. Traveling in Philly for work, what better place to stuff myself full of sandwiches in his honor.
-d

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, I worked with Daryle that summer. We ran a two day Upper A. together the week before he died. It was a great trip. I was a Safety Boater that trip. Daryle was a superior guide and really fun at camp and with the customers. The guides played a game on the beach entertaining the custies. That's how I remember him. I was supposed to be a safety boater on the Upper Trip we lost him. I was pulled to guide a Piedra trip. I think about that a lot. The thought that I should have been there haunts me still. Fate pulled me in another direction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still think about Daryle all the time, absolutely one of the best people i have ever met. Hilarious, genuine top notch buddy you want with you in every situation.
I miss you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
good to hear that name

Thanks for bringing it up. It's always good to hear stories about him. I was at his memorial yesterday at ten mile slide and happened to jot down that the water was low and we could use some action. Send us a mudslide and a rapid. What do you know? A day later, we get a slide that dams the river two miles below Ten mile. New rapid. Outta call it Daryle's Slide.

Good to hear from you Bogie! We think about your son every time we go, he was truly an inspiring figure in this boating community and he'll never be forgotten. Hope you and your family are doing well. Give Angie a big hug from all of us. Hope to drink beer with you on the bridge soon! We'll keep 'em cold for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts