Oh shit. I'm not still that asshole, am I?! :fangers:I remeber your 4wd project, and the toter home
I’m kind of jealous as shit of mt4 runners builds myself! I really want to try my hand at some of the cool as shit projects he does, but I fix peoples screwed up houses fo a living, and by the time I get done, and the girlfriend has me work on hers, I don’t feel like picking my tools back up. It’s part of the reason the dory I keep threatening to build, will be a ten year goal, that, and I got some honing to do on my finer woodworking skills!beautiful, just beautiful! But my biggest question is.........
Do you have a freakin' job? Good Christ you're always building cool shit and I can't keep up with all the have to fix/build/do shit much less have time to build something fun. GRRRRRRR, I'm jealous of your life, whatever it is!!!!!!!
How much of a PITA was the sleeve? Would it be feasible to do it the length of the shaft?I ended up using Kevlar/carbon fiber sleeve that expanded to 2.5"...slid over the oar and pulled tight. Installed about 16" long. My rope wraps ended at 20". Picture shows the sleeve before and after install.
I also forgot to say thank you for circling back and sharing your fix. Really cool to have more data points and real-world feedback to advance the knowledge.Ok-
Just circling back around to this after I re-did the blades and used them for the past few months.
If anyone remembers-my first trial run I found out the blades were WAY to heavy.
The re-do was a hassle but totally worth it. I LOVE my oars. They feel great, flex nicely and row, row, row.....
The swing weight issue with the overweight orange blades was solved.
Oh, and that's my foundry in the background. Still fighting it to get hot enough to cast bronze.