Mountain Buzz banner

DIY Paddle Feather change?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  storm11 
#1 ·
I have a nice light paddle that I bought cheap... thought that I could deal with the 75deg feather... but it SUCKS and I hate it. I can't afford a new paddle. I was told that it is possible to DIY change the feather angle with a hacksaw, a vice, and epoxy... anyone done this before who knows the steps and the dos/don'ts?

#2 ·
propulsion

paddle equals propulsion

do you really want to ruin a paddle to fix angle? cutting the paddle in any way makes it weaker.
save your time and money and buy a real paddle
AT paddles come with great warranties and some good deals for the buck!

AT2 on 3rd year! get the standard doesn't have a week spot in shaft.

just an idea

ive tried fixing paddles but they don't last more than an hour

#3 ·
I recently broke my AT2. It snapped on the straight part of the shaft at a 45 degree angle along the fibers as you would expect. I found some oak dowel and some 30 minute epoxy at Home Depot. Super cheap. I cut a piece of the oak that extended past the break by a few inches in each direction. I used the whole tube of epoxy and got a good bond. I wrapped the whole thing in waxed paper (it was around) and then wrapped that tight with some electrical tape (I had it around too). Anyway it seems good as new and you wouldn't even notice if you didn't know. (Well you can see the oak and some flaws, but...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.