(continuing off of my first post in this thread: DIY oar counterbalancing
The noodles were delivered today!
With the foam plug removed, 2lbs of scuba weights slid down to the handle, I cut to fit and slid in the sections of the noodles.
View attachment 65321
The noodles weren't as tight as fit as the original foam plug, so I put the foam plug back in the oar shaft as well to help keep it was water tight as an original oar.
View attachment 65322
Finally, I capped it off with the oar blade. There is zero movement of the weights inside the shaft. I managed to keep the look of an OEM oar, but added weight to the handle areas at a fraction of the cost of replacement handles or external weights. I am very pleased with the outcome of this DIY project.