Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a small outboard that he uses on a sail tender and we're thinking about taking it on an October Cataract Canyon trip we have coming up.

I wondered if anyone has any nifty ideas for setting up a motor mount without going all in on an NRS one and without modding my frame.

Once the trip's over he won't need it on his tender and I won't have a motor, so...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I finally remembered to take a picture of the most ghetto motor mount in the world. It's done a few runs down Deso just fine. I wouldn't think it would be great for frequent use.
It carries a 3 horsepower motor. The back plate is made of cutting board. The PVC is conduit PVC. The 2x4s are 2x4s. I run straps from the frame two the ends of the arms. When I tighten them I can keep decent tension to hold the motor out of the water if I need to.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I finally remembered to take a picture of the most ghetto motor mount in the world. It's done a few runs down Deso just fine. I wouldn't think it would be great for frequent use.
It carries a 3 horsepower motor. The back plate is made of cutting board. The PVC is conduit PVC. The 2x4s are 2x4s. I run straps from the frame two the ends of the arms. When I tighten them I can keep decent tension to hold the motor out of the water if I need to.
It would be much more ghetto if you had used OSB!

I like the design. Copy the tubes with thinwall 1.25" EMT conduit (have an electrician bend them for you on a hydraulic bender with a case of beer) and it would have a great lifespan.

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,250 Posts
I have an NRS motor mount that I'd part with. If your interested PM me and I'll spelunk into the bowels of my shed and dig it up. It seems like I might remember robbing the knuckles off of it though. Wadda ya got to trade?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts