Mountain Buzz banner

81 - 100 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sew this happened tonight...

I had a couple of beers and got to thinking about how much I hate spending money and how much I hate shoving my beer in my PFD when I have to row. Then it hit me.

The Speedy Stitcher knows no boundaries.

I'm sure I'm not the first to drunkenly stumble into this awesomeness.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Got a new rtic 145 and they seem to be really slow releasing dividers for it.. so i made two out of 1/4" hdpe last night. They turned out pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Lots of awesome ideas in this thread, most of my DIY stuff has already been beat out by better versions on here, but I thought I'd share my new Seadek cooler top. Needed something nonskid for the dog to chill on, and I own a laser engraver, so I added some of my home rivers to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
You should market those!!!!!

I'd love one for my old yeti sherpa!

·
Registered
532 Posts
You should market those!!!!!

I'd love one for my old yeti sherpa!
Working on pricing, Seadek is stupid expensive, but it's just 6mm closed cell adhesive foam, so I'm sure I can find it somewhere. Gotta tweak the process, too, I ran mine at too high of a resolution, which makes it take a long time to engrave (1.5hrs...). If I can find good wholesale prices, and get my settings dialed so they don't cost an arm and a leg, we're planning on offering them for sale.

That said, I make lots of fun laser stuff, if you have any ideas you need..

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Decided to go through my attachments and add some of my ideas/projects...

Oar towers - using NRS Pipe to fine tune tower height (replace middle piece to find which height is optimal. Ended up being 8 inch so I just bought 8 inch forged towers but now I've loaned them out with 3 mid sections for folks to figure out what works best for them...

Ammo can woodstove.

Taco disco.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

wood dry box

Trailer conversions...the last with back up lights - one of my favorite touches....

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

Coleman to blaster conversion

rear seat, floor and anchor system (easy, non-knee damaging entry) Why do more people not do this? Way nicer than frames on top of the tubes!!!

oar handles with 6" extension (note the upper was counterweight, the similarity in profile is coincidental...)

·
Registered
34 Posts

rear seat, floor and anchor system (easy, non-knee damaging entry) Why do more people not do this? Way nicer than frames on top of the tubes!!!
I really like this! This style could really be nice for having a rear seat/standing platform all in one for easy removal.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Yep, harrow disc with the hole welded closed. The little stand isn't attached, it's just a way to cook over larger flames or open fires.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I really like this! This style could really be nice for having a rear seat/standing platform all in one for easy removal.
I do have a wood floor on it. It's a great platform for sure! The whole rear frame comes off in a few minutes.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Nice work elkhaven! I really like that wood drybox!
Thanks! I need to make another so I can just switch out kitchen for a day trip box and not unpack... Its never been wet inside but then again, it's not been upside down yet...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
A little pre-season bump! Who is cranking out some cool stuff? I've been traveling for a while so haven't had a home in a while but have been brainstorming some ideas and can't wait to get back in front of my sewing machine!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Building a dory, does that count?

Working on casting my own oarlock design.

Also rebuilding my table and beaver board. They were both painted 5/8" plywood. They'll get a fiberglass overlay, then heavy kraft paper soaked in epoxy (like MDO ply) over that.

And possibly a wood drybox, and an everything bag.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 372 Posts