Mountain Buzz banner

361 - 380 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Working on some new stuff. The yellow bags are simple totes constructed from 22oz(maybe heavier) PVC. I lucked in to about 75-100 yards of it for free!!

The white buckets are going to be handwash stations. Each station will have 2 buckets. The straps hold everything together and allow it to be strapped to easily to the boat. Once at camp the straps transform to hold the buckets together once set up. Will post more pictures once I fab up the actual handwash parts. Hopefully they will come out of the mill tomorrow!

Now the big mesh and strap contraption. It is what we are calling a Cockpit Bra. It straps across the front of the cockpit over where your feet and foot bar are mounted. It will offer shade and eventually it will have a small drop bag on either side of it. Once I get it strapped on the cat I will post some more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
One last post for the day. Made a dish drying hang-y bag thing. Monkey mesh with 1" webbing reinforcement. Excited to try all the new gear on the MFS next week!

MB keeps uploading many of my images upside down for some reason. I've tried rotating them and saving them, doesn't help. Sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Made some new boards a few weeks ago and thanks to some shifty engineering ideas and questionable motives. I bring to you a first that I could find. A set of corn hole boards as front hinge seat boards. Will probably make another set that are smaller and fit flush, but due to groovers sitting taller than frame by a good bit, works fine as is for now. They are regulation size 2ft by 4ft. Have a regulation 6" hole cut out and for legs used some 2" dowel rod that was cut to 12" each. Then cut the top 3/4" to around 1-1/2" to fit through holes on the boards as removable legs. Ran out of time for the legs so cut and shaped on the river with a hatchet and saw so will eventually replace them with something lathe turned and prettier, but these worked really well with some duct tape to snug up within the holes. Only issue is that the boards have some bounce due to no cross brace in the center of the boards like standard cornhole boards would have, also I made the boards regulation width so it covers my front umbrella mount (Glad the girlfriend wasn't on this trip, otherwise I'd have been worse for wear). I say it adds to the experience and character building. 1 sheet used overall for side and seat boards, 3/8" roundover bit all around top and bottom and then 3 coats of helmsman spar.

Attachments

·
Registered
RMR 16’
5 Posts
I made this simple pump system hand-washing station. It helped me feel a little more responsible traveling and boating during the pandemic. It’s pretty simple to set up and break down; stores nicely in the bucket with a screw top lid which nestles in the second bucket. I did add a platform under the foot pump to have something solid to push on (sand wasn’t solid enough). It held up well on its first trip, only had one broken zip-tie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made this simple pump system hand-washing station. It helped me feel a little more responsible traveling and boating during the pandemic. It’s pretty simple to set up and break down; stores nicely in the bucket with a screw top lid which nestles in the second bucket. I did add a platform under the foot pump to have something solid to push on (sand wasn’t solid enough). It held up well on its first trip, only had one broken zip-tie.
View attachment 59145 View attachment 59146
So, I've now been sucked down a rabbit hole on this forum, and decided to register just to point out there is an easy way to turn those primer bulbs into a "proper foot pump". Two pieces of wood (or other material) and a hinge. Done.

The half ball is not strictly necessary.

Just a thought for those of you making camping sinks. Love seeing everyone's creations!

Chris

·
Registered
130 Posts
Finally found my 'round to it' and built a beaver board for my raft.
5\8 MDO cut to fit, then slots for straps that cross under the board to D-rings and my frame. Rounded everything over with a router, coated it all with epoxy.
Haven't gotten it on the water yet, but I already love it. SOLID, flat platform to stack all my gear on. Gained a significant amount of space vs my saggy ole cargo sling.
For what its worth, I figure it only weighs ~10lbs.
Have contemplated drilling a bunch of 1 1\2holes in it to lighten it further.

·
Registered
RMR 16’
5 Posts
So, I've now been sucked down a rabbit hole on this forum, and decided to register just to point out there is an easy way to turn those primer bulbs into a "proper foot pump". Two pieces of wood (or other material) and a hinge. Done.
View attachment 59232
The half ball is not strictly necessary.

Just a thought for those of you making camping sinks. Love seeing everyone's creations!

Chris
Sweet!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I used to use simple plastic saw horses for legs on my table, but today I made some more permanent legs out of 3/4" EMT and maker fittings.

It solves the "bring less bulk" problem but it's definitely not as stable.

Thinking I need to figure a way to secure the legs out while the straps limit that movement in and I'm open to suggestions.
20200923_202225.jpg
20200923_202324.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used to use simple plastic saw horses for legs on my table, but today I made some more permanent legs out of 3/4" EMT and maker fittings.

It solves the "bring less bulk" problem but it's definitely not as stable.

Thinking I need to figure a way to secure the legs out while the straps limit that movement in and I'm open to suggestions. View attachment 60129 View attachment 60130
What about screwing a strap to the outside of the leg ~2 inches from the edge of the wood. Countersunk most likely because you have a frame. Depending on where and how this is going to fit, you could use an eye-bolt into the wood. Then put a plastic/metal side release buckle or a carabiner on the end of some shock cord or paracord with a truckers hitch that is attached to the leg cross rail. You can connect and disconnect but have a way to cinch tight while open using the buckle.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Thinking I need to figure a way to secure the legs out while the straps limit that movement in and I'm open to suggestions.
I have a table with similar leg brace straps.

I'm going to replace them with sleeved conduit--1/2" EMT loosely sleeves inside 3/4" EMT and then will use a push-button fitting. I bought a bag of 50 push-buttons from Amazon back in March. They finally arrived from China in July....LMK if you want me to mail you a couple!

·
Registered
766 Posts
^^^ thanks for the offer!

Ended up just running a strap around to an existing hole on the edge of the table (blue NRS strap in the picture).

It improves the stability as much as I can, I think. What's really missing is stability in the short direction that I got from the saw horses

Maybe I can get stability in that direction with detachable base pieces... I'll have to ponder that.
20200924_135343.jpg

361 - 380 of 414 Posts