Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just curious what folks are using for ditch boots on rafting trips? I currently have a pair of simple $35 boots from Lowe's I bought in 2012 for a Grand trip, but want to replace them with something more substantial. I see that XtraTuff now has serious QA issues, is there anyone else out there making a similar product, besides Boggs?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
457 Posts
Cabellas and bass pro have several different pairs . I just bought the Muck brand boots and they are awesome kind of pricey but I wear them everyday. They have a working temp from subzero to 95 and they have a vibram sole. I bought them at big r ranch supply.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Definitely Mucks. Not sure about the above mentioned temperature range. I have a pair for sub zero (Arctic sport) and a pair for mud season ( Hoser). They aren't a one boot for all weather. But they are well built and comfortable.

Jim

·
Registered
457 Posts
Definitely Mucks. Not sure about the above mentioned temperature range. I have a pair for sub zero (Arctic sport) and a pair for mud season ( Hoser). They aren't a one boot for all weather. But they are well built and comfortable.

Jim
They make a new boot called cool core or something like that they use evaporative cooling from your sweat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts