Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm giving up.

Thinking that last year the reason I couldn't get through was b/c of intermittent calling while at work, I took this Monday off. Big mistake. No luck after one hour.

Has anyone here actually gotten through?

I'm liking the Grand lottery for cancellations a lot more right now.

Bummed,

- Jon

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yep, spent the last hour on two different phones - ridiculous waste of time. If NPS can award Grand permits through follow up lotteries, why not do the same in Dinosaur? Or does someone want to waste our time...?
Not also GCNP runs their own lottery, where Dinosaur forces you through recreation.gov At any rate, refreshing the calendar availability screen shows only about a dozen launches awarded so far, so I'll keep fingers flying for a while longer...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Got keep calling and ring, ring, ring, busy busy busy. Typical government bureaucracy and inefficiency as they take one call at a time and process one permit at a time. Actually there are a lot of permit dates available this year when I checked. Good luck!

FYI, Smith River Lottery results post online today.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I gave up at 9:00. Now I have this busy signal in my head that I can't get rid of, and no more minutes on my cell phone for the rest of the month.... What a bunch of crap!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yeah, lots of dates. She told me they are available because lottery winners didn't pay their winner's fee as they were supposed to, as it said in their email announcing their win and on the rec.gov website.

duct tape - I'll see how the first wave of invites go, could be room for you.

Was still calling at 8:40. Was there anything left when you got through?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Feb 28

Looking at the number of open dates I think a lot of people did not read the fine print stating you now have to confirm your permits by Feb 28th. I would hate to be the guy who won a trip only to find out it was given away because he did not confirm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm on my 152nd call right now... not giving up hope til someone answers the phone and tells me all the permits are gone!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
This system is so flawed. That is a lot of "cancellations" for one lottery. You would think they would have a contingency system in place if they reached that many no payments to re-evaluate.

That and the call in system is bogus. And I say that as a house husband who has some flexibility in his life to call. It favors a particular crowd, i.e. those who aren't bound to a 9-5 job whose employer expects them to actually work during those hours. I can't imagine the chaos and burden being placed on their limited staff at the river office right now.

Busy signal for me as well.

Phillip

·
Donkey Punch
82 Posts
Been calling non-stop since 8am, I have actually gotten through about 22 times and no one ever picks up!!!!! Rings 4 times and then goes to busy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
(busy tone) bep bep bep bep

(call end) click...silence

(redial) Beedaleep

(busy tone) bep bep bep bep

looking up drywall repair from fist mark in wall...

1 - 20 of 92 Posts