Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The small group that I applied with all got stymied. I would relly love to run it again this year.

If you have a permit and have space I would love to help fill it. I am willing and capable of helping with planning and logistics. I have a raft, as well as lots of other gear, but would prefer to kayak.

If space allows I can probably recruit other boatmen, with boats or kayaks for safety.

I ran it last year, so I do have some level of familiarity with the run.

Let me know when we are launching!

Dave

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the wait list doesn't look promising for me either. I know someone on this board landed a permit.

Let me know what you need me to do. I can provide any missing gear for the trip, as well as haul lots of stuff.

Dave

·
Registered
59 Posts
Everybody in my group got skunked. I sent in permits for all my dogs and relatives that have not even heard of the Salt. Still got nothing. Fuck it, I'm going to poach! :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Our group got two - guess we got lucky. :)

They overlap, so obviously we can't use them both. Is it possible to transfer the permits?

·
Registered
399 Posts
My permit is for March 4. Does anyone have any experience with a launch date this early? We are debating on whether we will take rafts and bitches and make this a desert booze cruise or just make it a self support kayak trip.

Thanks for any advise. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
My permit has a line on it that says "I regret that I won;t be able to use this permit, but I request in to be transfered to ____________ with a driver's license number of ______________"

So yeah, you ought to be able to transfer a permit...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Salt River permit

I have a Salt River permit for the date April 18th to enter the Wilderness area, so launch date of April 16th. I would love to "trade" this date to someone, i.e. transfer my permit to their name, and they could do the same for me. If anyone has a permit with a date they can't use, and they could use this date, let's talk! :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
March 4th launch date is pretty spot on. I have run three trips between march 1 and march 15. As early as January 25 and as late as april 20. But early march is good from my experience. Pre Spring break crowds.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts