Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking to into a 3 day float trip near Del Rio Texas on the Devil's River. Has anybody ever done this on a raft? I have a 14 foot SD Aire Puma and was checking on the feasibility of the float. Thanks!

·
Registered
981 Posts
From what I've seen, the vegetation makes it very tight in spots, in other places it's wide. I'm sure a raft could go, but narrow boats are sure to be an easier time. It's a unique and beautiful float, I hope to do it while I'm living relatively nearby. What time frame are you looking at?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the videos and resources available make it seam a little tight, I was looking for ideal flows or tight spots. We plan on doing the trip third week of March

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hopefully someone else can chime in who has actually made the trip.

Heyhauler- I have off work 3/12-3/20, and would love to tag along. I live sw Oklahoma about 7 hours from the run, I have my own narrow raft and small cat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As much as I love rafting, canoe or ducky is the way to go. The end of pools are concetrated to little runs and raft could be to narrow. Great section. Use thunder outfitters for shuttle. She was awesome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback and great info everybody, I apologize for not responding to the inquiries earlier. Ended up doing the Devils trip just fine with the 14 footer, as many of you said it was a little tight. If anybody is interested and wants information about the river and logistics message me. Ill be more responsive this time. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the feedback and great info everybody, I apologize for not responding to the inquiries earlier. Ended up doing the Devils trip just fine with the 14 footer, as many of you said it was a little tight. If anybody is interested and wants information about the river and logistics message me. Ill be more responsive this time. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am looking to do Devils river in inflatable kayak. SeaEagle rugged explorer, not the cheaper model. I am reading about limestone destroying shoes and boats. How was it in the raft? Do you think I will b OK in my kayak? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts