Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to link up all the green river permits from dinosaur to Lake Powell this October. Desolation is the only hitch right now so if any generous people with a permit want another person and a boat I would be forever grateful. The Lodore permit ends Oct. 13th so it would be great to have a deso permit whithin 3 days of that. Thanks for any leads or info.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,552 Posts
nice work!! I have been waiting for a yampa pemit to come through so I could do the same thing.

Deso has a ton of cancelations, so keep an eye out for those if you cant find someone to pick you up on theirs.

have a great time, thats a nice to be out there.

·
Registered
323 Posts
FWIW. Got a broadcast email from some group, I think it was maybe American Whitewater, earlier this summer. The Feds approved a rebuild of the diversion dam above Green River town. The new version will include a boat chute. But right now they have no money yet to actually build it, so it might be a while.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey birchblock, I was just looking at rec.gov and noticed that there was a Oct 16th date available on Deso and also many openings from the 22nd thru the end of the month. Hippity Ho!

·
Registered
768 Posts
birchblock's problem - i think - is that "available dates" are really only available to those who entered the original lottery. Anyone out there who did, and wants a trip with extremely experienced folks?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I think he found one of the available permits previously mentioned. From my understanding Deso and all recreation.gov river permits are universally available once they have been released from the lottery. The San Juan is the only one I know of in Utah that requires permit paperwork to obtain a cancellation, though that can be remedied.

Deso goes to 2 permits a day during the low-season which makes it difficult to acquire in short notice. That said, I would guess many of them get cancelled as the date approaches.

Phillip

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think he found one of the available permits previously mentioned. From my understanding Deso and all recreation.gov river permits are universally available once they have been released from the lottery. The San Juan is the only one I know of in Utah that requires permit paperwork to obtain a cancellation, though that can be remedied.

restrac has it right, anyone can pick up a permit on the rec.gov site when there is an opening no need to have participated in the lottery.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a Sept. launch permit, and I did not enter the lottery. I have also seen a couple of cancellations in just the last week, including a couple in Oct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts