An "unsuccessful" for me too :-(
Can anyone speak to their experience with trying to scoop up a cancellation permit? I've not done it before, and sure am hoping there's a chance I could still get my group on the river.
Nice, we were trying for back to back trips like that for those far away (for us) rivers but smarty pants here did something weird down on her 4 or 5th choice for San Juan and flipped from May to April. So now I've got to figure out if we can make a San Juan launch in late April. Decision would be easy if it wasn't for a little spell on the GC for much of March - woe is meMe - no Main, no MFS, no San Juan, no Deso, no nuting
Wife - San Juan Jun 17, Deso Jun 24
historically they release them at a "random" basis, though they define how they proceed "randomly" (like number generators, etc). I guess random just means not on a regular schedule.What I'm wondering is what happens when you cancel a trip after March. Do they post them same day or just update the site on a regular schedule.