Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Denver up from N.O. Heading out to go surfing at confluence or at union around 2:00PM today. Gauges now say confluence is 1230 cfs and union is 925 cfs. Which spot is more fun? I'm not a super playboater, but I enjoy basic surfing, spins, side surfing etc. Also, anyone up for this afternoon? It would be more fun with a few other people. I am planning on renting a boat from confluence as I didn't bring my boat with me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
IMO Union is much better at these levels. I'll be headed out there sometime around 4ish.

Since you'll be at Confluence to get the boat, you might as well take a look at the park and decide for yourself. Union at these flows has a couple of nicely retentive drops (#1 & #3) that you can surf and spin on all day. Drop #2, aka Hollywood, is fast, steep and super fun. Go vertical (or inverted) if you like, but be ready for a fast transition. #4 is is like surfing an non-breaking ocean wave. Front surf, carve back and forth, but do anything else and you're off the wave. I haven't seen anything beyond #4 that's worth hiking back up from. Have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts