Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, today when I got done kayaking i noticed a dent in my play boat(jackson star 2007 elite outfitting) about 2 inches in length. Was just wondering if there is anything I could do to "pop" this dent out again. It is directly underneath the seat of the boat. Thanks

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Best thing to do is take a couple blocks of minicell foam, maybe 1" thick or so, and put it under the seat against the hull. This ought to pop it out and prevent further oil canning.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Heat will fix most dents in most boats. This can range from an afternoon on hot pavement to pouring boiling water into it to fix a bow that's been piton'd inside out (as I did with my 2014 jackson superstar a few weeks ago). You'll be surprised how well it works!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya unfortunately it is just raining a ton so I can't put it in the sun or anything now. I might somehow try the hot water but I don't know if it will work as the dent is under my seat haha. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Max1 said:
ya unfortunately it is just raining a ton so I can't put it in the sun or anything now. I might somehow try the hot water but I don't know if it will work as the dent is under my seat haha. Thanks for the replies!
Ya hot water for sure if the sun didn't do the trick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Another trick is carefully using a heat bulb like what you put in a reptile cage or a food warmer. Just have to be careful and precise. But you can heat up your dent and reshape it, works well for oil canning too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all for the help. I ended up laying it out in the sun for a couple of hours yestrday and now it is back to normal! Luckily it wasn't a large dent, about a centimeter deep and about an inch long. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts