Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an organization that is trying to decriminalize marijuana in all of Colorado called Safer Colorado. This is the same group that got the marijuana initiative in Denver passed last fall. They could use our help: www.safercolorado.org.

·
Super Moderator
3,965 Posts
Yeah but.... there's something that stuff does to you but I forgot what it was.... :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, like 420 bro! Seriously though, get those hippies to push hemp as an alternative rource for paper etc and really work towards accomplishing something that serves the global community.

But dude, like, wouldn't it be so dank if everyone was walking around totally baked all the time? Society would be like so peaceful, not to mention productive.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The irony herer Rc is. That a few years a go the industrial hemp movement was totally killed by the conservative right. And then along come the lets all get baked and be mellow folks and they win. Go figure. sj

·
Registered
113 Posts
sj said:
The irony herer Rc is. That a few years a go the industrial hemp movement was totally killed by the conservative right. And then along come the lets all get baked and be mellow folks and they win. Go figure. sj
ya dummy...everybody knows that when you get stoned, you get smaller and off most radars. So, lets go get small....man!

later

er...what was my name?

·
Registered
989 Posts
RC, you're bummin me out, bro. Always bringin me down. I think *you* need to burn a hoot and mellow out...dude.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey RC: Do you have a better alternative? (BTW--nice sterotype!) I am not trying to imply that I have the right answers; however, don't you think it is about time our tax dollars go to better use then arresting hippies and clogging up the legal system for committing such horrible acts like that of bong hits, and munchies. Sure, a lot of these hippies are a worthless contribution to society, but I highly doubt they are worth wasting taxpayer's money!

WAIT A MINUTE...I got it...let's instead slash our funding of health care, and education so we can beef up our war on terrorism, drugs, and holy wars. F&#CKING BUSH SUCKS!!!!!!!

Sorry, I got side tracked there. I need to paddle!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Bush does suck...totally chaffs my rod. If we throw hippies in jail for anything it should be for not taking care of their downstairs.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,439 Posts
agreed that RC is a real buzzkill.

disagreed that you cant pick your friends nose. that is how you can tell a real friend. just walk right up and snatch that lil boogie. if all you get is a wierd look, he's a friend. if he slaps the F out of you and says dont ever f'n touch me again he's not.

anyone who disgrees with safer has lost it. they arent saying everyone be a pothead. they are saying there is no reason for pot to be illegal if booze is legal. booze= lots of deaths from driving and violence. pot = people driving slower (if they get off the damn couch at all), being happy, and supporting chip and candy companies round the world. drives the economy you know?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea, I always wondered about that. The people who were pushing legalization for hemp products, really wanted to smoke it to relax. The politicians knew this and said "hey they just want to legalize it to smoke it, not to make hemp products, the liars!", so it never passed.

Now its in your face politics, which gives the politicians much fewer ways to wriggle out. "Hey, we want to legalize pot to use as a legal drug like alcohol, but without many of the negative and potentially fatal side effects of alcohol. We want to come home from work and smoke a j to relax".

This seems to be a much more effective, (and truthful) way to present the case for legalization. Whereas before they looked like a bunch of stoners trying to pull the wool over the governments eyes, now they look like responsible adults making responsible choices. We would rather smoke weed than drink booze thank you.

Philbob

·
Registered
989 Posts
I've long said that it's stupid of the government

1. Not to package the ganja like cigarettes and sell it legally at every gas station across the country...taxing it accordingly of course. Think of the revenue.

and

2. To waste so much money --not to mention Johnny Law's time -- on enforcement of dumb laws.

You take the gains from tarriff and the prevention of expendatures for enforcement and you have have a decent shot in the arm to any government's fiscal situation. Sure, lots of folks will still grow it and bypass paying at the counter but a majority of the people will have neither the time nor the inclination to grow their own. And it's only so expensive now because it's illegal. Gunj sold by the state could be much cheaper and even with high tarriffs would be a bargain compared to a sack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts