Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone kayaked waterton canyon in december at low water like 200 cfs?? is it even runable or just realy bony?

Is anyone interested in kayaking shoshone new years day? im looking for anyone to join me

·
Registered
15 Posts
Waterton NO, Shosho YES

i have heard people say that there are squirt lines and such on waterton down to 200-250, but most old posts say to draw the line at 350. i don't think it would be worth the drive from the west slope.

concerning shosho on new years, i was planning to show this year. i moved to eagle in the fall, and will be around so i wanted to give it a try. last year hobie started a string about a meeting time the week prior to the holiday, so keep an eye open for that. see you then.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Waterton

I boated it a couple of weeks ago at 205 cfs. It's still fun, and there are some new lines to be done. It is very low, but still good to go. Don't be looking for any epic surf. You'll be surprised when you see how some of the lines change at ELF levels.

·
Registered
460 Posts
don
were you featured in the post last week? i've heard you talk about being from confluence and boating waterton last week when the article was published was it you?
just curious
aaron

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Waterton

Yep, that was me. I wasn't sure if anyone read it or not. I liked the picture it made Waterton look scary, or made me look scary. One of the two.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Winter paddling

Rocky Mountain News, Adventure Section. And, if you read further down Dean has detailed instructions on how to freeze your neoprene covered butt to nice smooth hypalon. Now that looked like a nice cool weekend on the river.

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
The trip sounded exciting too with Dean's partner getting caught up sideways in Hell's Half Mile :!:

Dean, was that in the second drop to the right of the rock?

How were the rock gardens at Triplett?

--Andy

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
waterton

currently in denver, but now that we finally got snow it might be time for ski season but if the weather gets warm again if anyone is interested in doin waterton let me know i dont have anyone to got with so...

also even though confluence park is real low only a few waves to maybe surf is it worth, anyone know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts