Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has heard whether or not the gentleman that flipped his ducky in Needles Eye had passed on or not? It happened around 3 ish yesterday the 20th. Flight for Life landed at the Radium access and I had heard he left still unconscious.

Hopefully he pulled thru but if not, god rest his sole.....

Be careful out there people!

·
Registered
15 Posts
He was a friend of mine. Unfortunately he did not make it. Apparently he made it to shore ok on river right. But once he was there he started to walk around on the rocks, slipped, hit his head and fell into the river. They found him downstream.

Everyone, please be careful, the smallest thing can have the most grave consequences!

·
Registered
109 Posts
He was a friend of mine. Unfortunately he did not make it. Apparently he made it to shore ok on river right. But once he was there he started to walk around on the rocks, slipped, hit his head and fell into the river. They found him downstream.

Everyone, please be careful, the smallest thing can have the most grave consequences!
We floated Needle Eye about 10AM on Friday. Very sorry to hear this news. condolences to all!

SH

·
Registered
971 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, that is terrible. If there is any additional info, please let us know so any buzz buddies get the news of who it was, and we can learn from what happened regarding the circumstances.

Be careful out there everyone, and stay safe out there- shore, water, shuttle, whatever.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Apparently he made it to shore ok on river right. But once he was there he started to walk around on the rocks, slipped, hit his head and fell into the river. They found him downstream.
OMG, that's terrible. Condolence to his family and friends.

We were out there Saturday - heading home as we passed the EMT's and Police responding to the drowning in Green Mountain.

·
V for Victory
329 Posts
We were out there Saturday - heading home as we passed the EMT's and Police responding to the drowning in Green Mountain.
Swimmer who couldn't swim and didn't have a vest...

And then there was the lady who was killed by Beaver Creek @ 100cfs.

I was thinking to myself this is a LOT of water deaths this week... like 6 or 7 in the state. The water spirits are angry.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Condolences to all. I just biked up Beaver Creek and they are still looking for the woman's body...crazy such a small creek (but its raging)

·
V for Victory
329 Posts
Condolences to all. I just biked up Beaver Creek and they are still looking for the woman's body...crazy such a small creek (but its raging)
It was hard to believe how much power that little thing had until you got in it. I bet they'll find her when the water goes down.

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
^ yeah, probably way downstream in Glenwood Canyon or something

1 - 9 of 9 Posts