Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide on a new creeker, anyone paddling any of these 3 boats: Dagger Nomad 8.5, Riot Sniper, or Perception Java. I'd appreciate some feedback on what you like and/or dislike about them..

Thankx

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I have a Nomad 8.1. I got it late last season and haven't tried it much. Seems like a nice boat. I got it from Hobie, he paddled it some and liked it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Creekers

They don't make the Java anymore, so you can bounce that from your list.

Other kayaks close in size and shape: M3-235 Pyranha, Creeker 225 Prijon, Huck Liquid Logic. Make sure you can find a skirt for the Sniper, there have been some issues about what fits and what does not.

·
Registered
58 Posts
How big are you? The Nomad 8.5 is a large boat, lots of volume and length. I'm 6'1" and I am going to paddle the 8.1 this season, mainly because Colorado is relatively low volume creeking. Both boats look great though!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ack..

6'4" 207 lbs with big feet (which are hell in a playboat) I used to paddle a Dagger Gradient (which I am kicking my butt for selling)

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I have the 207 covered but I am only 6 feet. Hobie who paddled my 8.1 before me is probably around 6'4" and he thought the 8.1 was a good size. I think that if you miss your gradient that you will really like the Nomad 8.1.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got the same Height but a little lighter on weight.
I really love my embudo, in my opinion it is a sweet design. I barely fit in with the bulkhead in and what you have to do is remove it, shave it down a little with a file and make it so that you can put it a little futhur forward and use the last peg on the rail system. This boat has worked for me, I will be paddling it for the 3rd season in a row this year. Seems like the new dagger nomad is very similar, but not half as durable (if history is any indicator)

Nick

·
Registered
569 Posts
I would really look at the Gus being as big as you are. I am only 5'10 180 and I was able to move it around really well and really liked the way it surface and all that.

Also If you are interested in a Gradient I have one gathering dust that I could get to Durango and would sell for about any thing you wanted to pay. I have had it in swaps for as little as 250 so that would be the max.

I pitoned it once and cracked the nose. It is welded and doesn't leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts