Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally looking to get out of my timeless RPM. Local shop has a new WS Ace 4.7 and a used Dagger Juice 6.9 for 550-600$ range. Can anyone help me with a decision or review of these boats?

Front range paddler looking for playboat/river runner.

Thanks - S

·
Registered
52 Posts
depending on what you really are looking for.. that juice might be a little bit better river runner than the ace. the juice has alittle more volume in the stern and bow, so it's more forgiving, but it's still ez to cartwheel and spin if your are looking for a play boat. coming from an RPM.. the juice will feel more like home. the ace will feel like your knees are too low and your legs are too straight. try'em out if they'll let you..

·
Registered
178 Posts
I paddled a juice last season, and loved it. Great all aroung boat. Surfs anything, and still has a dicy play boat stern.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey there, I've paddled both boats and currently own a Juice 7.1. From my limited experience as a boater, I'd say that the juice is a better river runner than the Ace. The chines are softer so it won't catch on currents as much as the Ace, and it's easier to roll as well. The Ace is much better for playing in though, at least for cartwheeling and such. Of course, the Juice is also a higher volume boat with more of the volume pushed out to the ends than in the Ace. If you're looking for a river runner that you can play in a little, I'd go with the Juice. If you're looking for a play boat that you can river run in, maybe the Ace. Otherwise, maybe check out some new boats like Wavesport's EZG series. Hope this helped some. -Neil

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Well I think the Juice doesnt run rivers or is as stable as a Kingpin and doesnt play as well as a Kingpin. I got in one for about 20 minutes and I wont get back in one. I really like the new EZG series, much better boat than either one you have mentioned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts