Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the rail holding the seat in place and helping reinforce the hull shape unattached itself. It was welded into place originally. Any suggestions on fixes without welding and compromising the hull? I bet this is common for anyone who likes to boot their playboat or smack rocks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ya, mine detached too. I don't notice it moving too much, so I haven't looked into a fix for it. Curious to see if anybody else has experienced this.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m personally an aggressive playboater. What I’ve noticed with the detached rail is that it puts more pressure and torque in awkward directions on the bolts the seat is hanging from. Eventually a crack will start at the bolts. If that crack starts it’s in a very vulnerable place since it’s right under the cockpit rim. I’m guessing what happened to my boat will eventually happen to yours. The front and rear pillars will fall out from the sideways pressure on them. When that starts happening you can’t trust the hull from collapsing on you in big water or in a pin situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts