Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have directions or tips to setting up the foam for the foothold in a Dagger Jitsu 6.0? or any set up what so ever

Im completely new to kayaking and have "come into" the Jitsu. It does not have the foot platforms on rails, just the foam.

Im sorry to skip the intro but I am trying to get started tomorrow on flat water!

Thanks Al!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
The only tip I can give is to make sure not to cut away too much foam. It's harder to add foam than to add to it. And you could even purchase Jackson Happy Feet, which mold to your feet and can be readjusted at will (not everyone likes this option).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried messing with the plastic bulkhead and adding foam; got frustrated and ended up just using gorilla tape to shove some foam in. Left the plastic piece out completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used the foam that came with the boat it's a hump shaped block with a strap that allows you to put some foam shims behind it that you can cut down. Even then it is still not perfect and is constantly moving around.

I have heard such mixed things on the happy feet. But myself would love more to push against while boating.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
312 Posts
I used the foam that came with the boat it's a hump shaped block with a strap that allows you to put some foam shims behind it that you can cut down. Even then it is still not perfect and is constantly moving around.

I have heard such mixed things on the happy feet. But myself would love more to push against while boating.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
That view is usually due to not knowing how it works. Happy feet is nearly as hard as foam, and forms to your feet. The problem is people don't no that you are to suck their air out, not blow it in. You just put a little air in so the beans move around, then push and shape it to your feet, then suck the air out so it won't move. Then there is a little air chamber that is behind it that can be filled if you need to move the beanbag closer to you.

I didn't like it until I learned how to use it. It works great now. I pretty much don't use the air chamber at all.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Check this out

Follow the links at the bottom of this web page from PS Composites. The page talking about building center walls/pillars will show you what a proper foot foam angle will look like. Note you don't want 90 degrees.

Library

·
Registered
312 Posts
Follow the links at the bottom of this web page from PS Composites. The page talking about building center walls/pillars will show you what a proper foot foam angle will look like. Note you don't want 90 degrees.

Library
Are you sure that applies to playboats? That seems more of a squirt boat guide. I've never seen anyone carve their bulkheads like that on a playboat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts