Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get my first playboat, and thinking about the Crazy 88 or S6F. Has anyone out there tried them and got a view on their pros and cons? I tried out the Crazy 88 and found it surprisingly stable and fast (I basically just went down river and eddy hopping since there wasn't much play around, and anyway I'm buying a boat suitable to get into freestyle .. I can't do anything beyond surfing yet). I have yet to try the S6F. Other than that I'm 6', 185lbs and intend to keep my river runner hence i'm looking for a real playboat.

Of course this discussion should also include the Jackson and any other hot playboats out this year .. let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As with any big purchase: try,try,try... A boat that fits my style may not fit yours. Needless to say if you are a little patient, you most likely will be rewarded with a boat that works well and offers growth.

Personally, I paddle the S6F and love it. Park-n-play to down river it performs well. In addition it fits an XL boater like me (6'4", 220#).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and I agree .. I am going to try the S6F tomorrow .. but just wanted to get as much non-manufacturer feedback as possible because I know I won't feel like the inconvenience of going to the store to demo too many times!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Tues. night demo's

Check with mountain miser and see if they will bring out the boats you want to try and demo, maybe all the boats in one place.

Or Confluence they are right on the river.

·
Registered
204 Posts
which boat

the dagger 88 seems to be the boat everyone wants this year
everyone who's tried it loves it. I was front and back looping right away at the corner pocket hole in golden the pyrana took longer to get used to but is also a great boat it's just an older design.
chrispy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts