Mountain Buzz banner

Dagger Agent 6.2 -1st impressions

Tags
agent
13K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  kakahead 
#1 ·
Well I got a chance to paddle the Dagger Agent over the last couple of days. First, about me 6', 190 lbs, size 11 dogs. I sat in a few different versions of the boat at summer OR and at Gauley Fest and was wanting to try out the final production model. The 6.2 the mid sized Agent fit a little tight out of the bag, but I quickly fixed that with a screw driver and a knife. It seems that the front pillar was a little too long for the boat, so by shortening it by a few inches allowed me to bring my feet togther better. Then I checked out the thigh brace location and found that the factory setting was a little too far back for me, so I moved it forward almost to the front position. This added a ton of room, and still allowed room to move the seat and added foot foam for outfitting. I had a guy at the pool try it and he's about 6'5", with a 34" inseam and he fit. The Agent is super comfy for me.

The Agent is fast and has a really nice silky feel to it. It feels loose and breaks free of the current easily. The ends are very easy to throw down and the boat is well balanced. What impressed me most with the boat was the deck profile and the way the cockpit allows for a large amount of body rotation. I could do back-deck rolls with out without having to put my face in the water and the paddle never got caught on the boat. One thing that some folks are going to like about the boat is low center of gravity, you sit close to the bottom of this one. For some folks and most women you might want to add a riser to the seat (about an inch of foam on the top of the seat would do the trick).

Flatwater loops are a breeze. The boat carves well on a wave, and holds it's speed well zipping around the rio. The Agent 6.2 fits me better than the Project 52, and the old G-Force & Kinpin mid sized boats. It's the best fitting Dagger boat in years. I think Dagger will do well with the new sizing and I think that folks my size will enjoy the newfound comfort. I could paddle this boat for hours (and did). It's nice not being a tweener any more.

Hobie I thinks you got a winner.

See less See more
#2 ·
yeah, this boat is sick its really fast compared to icon it releases ten times easier for helix or felix very well balanced this is a very nice play boat only 5'9" so i needed a little paddling to sit higher but i like this boat super great outfitting! only hit a couple little rocks while surfing the super boney casper park and this boat definetely meet my expectations of how it performs, in back surf this thing just wants to mcnasty, didn't try for one since the waters only like 1' deep super boney! sick playboat

#3 ·
Drainage

Too bad they didn't make the drainage situation better. The water that collects under the cockpit rim has no where to go. I was told if you pop your skirt in the eddy to get to your sponge/water the water stuck there just flows right in if you are at the slightest angle.:confused:

#4 ·
We kept the extra volume through the stern without the drain so that it will be less trippy and more forgiving. I have paddled it and it is fine. Some water collects there but as soon as you enter a feature it makes no difference at all. Look at any play boat in an eddie and you will see water in that area. Maybe when you exit the boat to get out of the river you might notice the water but other than that, no worries. I myself would WAY rather have that extra volume around the ass end as it makes the boat so sweet. Plus the boats are so much drier now with the new cockpit rims that having a little splash when I get out is no big deal.

#5 ·
dude don't trip

yeah there might be a little water around cock pit rim big deal couple drops your in a freakin river! this boat is so much drier and having the extra volume in the stern is aswome! i hate plugs and all the nuts and bolts that use to be in these and now they are almost flawless! any ways i haven't had any problems like that with water collecting!

#6 ·
Dont get me wrong, the boat looks sweet. Lines look awesome. Just going off of what I heard from someone in it often. I thought about switching over to one but maybe next year if they adjust that. Hobie, would that channel be that much volume? The hull and most of the rest of the design is almost enough to break me of my previous brand loyalty and make me try Dagger again, just a small concern. Otherwise she kinda makes my mouth water.

#7 ·
Seriously you should try the boat. It is so much drier than my kingpin ever was that you will never notice this and Hobie's right, all playboats hold water around the stern volume. If you are noticing that water you are setting in the eddy wayyyyy to long.

#9 ·
big wave surfing

damn this boat is fast, was able to surf this super nice green wave last week in casper park water was runnning at 4000 for the flush, ive always tried for this green wave but my agent is the boat the decided to rip it up. i was carving all over itin the the troth on top i threw a couple nice airial blunts and gottaem on vid hell yeah! this boat is the best yet,

#10 ·
I just picked up mine on Saturday at alpine Kayak in Edwards. I took it to myers on the way back to the fort yesterday. The first thing I noticed was it was super easy to roll. So easy infact that I paddled for a while without a paddle. Secondly the boat is super stable on edge. I cant edge my old zg as well. Paddling a zg 48 for the past 2 years I thought the 6.2 was going to be hard to throw around but it was also super easy to cartwheel in the pool. Given the extra volume and smooth lines I think it'll be a step up from the zg in the river running dept. I was also very comfortable in it...other than the ronin its proboly the most comfortable boat I have ever been in. I haven't gotten on any moving water yet but I can tell this boat is going to rock and cant wait!!! :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.