Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just attempted to add a few new D rings to my Hyside and have a couple that I had trouble getting all the air bubbles out before it set up. Is there any way to get the bubbles out without removing the entire patch and starting over?

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,439 Posts
If the glue hasn't fully cured you can try the heat gun. Use just enough heat. You may be better off to heat, pull, add a thin layer of glue and reapply for best strength if they are load bearing. If they are well applied but just have a small bubble or two you may consider leaving them. Pulling them will give you a good idea of how good a job you did.

·
Registered
385 Posts
What mt4runner and Zach said.
Sometimes if you use the accelerant, and don’t thin with a little Toluene, the glue hardens to quick, and is a pita to work with, making it hard to get all the bubbles out. I like to thin mine just a little with toluene. Slows things down, and makes it easier to get nice thin coats.
Im not a raft repair professional though, so if Zach has different advice on that part, I would take his over mine...

·
Registered
385 Posts
If your using accelerant, be careful not to use more than the recommended amount, to much will actually make the patch weaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts