Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday, March 23rd

Join the CWWA and Confluence Kayaks at Old Chicago's at 14th and Market, Denver, to kick off the season with the latest boating flicks, and
plenty of door prizes. Wednesday, March 23rd from 6:00 - 9:00ish

For more information contact Confluence Kayaks or Tim Bliss at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
CWWA

Nope- all are welcome.

I heard that a couple of the door prizes might be FREE memberships to the CWWA. So, keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What is CWWA

The Colorado Whitewater Association. Here's the web address:

http://coloradowhitewater.org

The club organizes river trips and clinics lead by more experienced members and advocates for river conservation and access concerns. It's a great way to meet other boaters in the state.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wow! That sounds like exactly what I need. To be honest...I am pretty nervous about boating in CO. I come from New York State where the water is warm, rivers are wide and there are plenty of eddies to hang-out in and scout etc. I've talked to a few boaters out here and they've got me terrified! "Miles and miles of whitewater and no stopping. If you can't roll successfully 100% of the time...you are a dead-woman." I've boated up to almost a IV, but I am more comfortable in the III's. Is there hope for me to survive and still enjoy the sport in Colorado??

·
Registered
67 Posts
PattyNYCO said:
Wow! That sounds like exactly what I need. To be honest...I am pretty nervous about boating in CO. I come from New York State where the water is warm, rivers are wide and there are plenty of eddies to hang-out in and scout etc. I've talked to a few boaters out here and they've got me terrified! "Miles and miles of whitewater and no stopping. If you can't roll successfully 100% of the time...you are a dead-woman." I've boated up to almost a IV, but I am more comfortable in the III's. Is there hope for me to survive and still enjoy the sport in Colorado??
There are plenty of pool drop class III rapids in Colorado. Who ever you were talking to was just having a bit of fun at your expense.

·
Registered
19 Posts
CWWA

I just moved from New England to CO a year ago. I do miss the big water runs out there but there is plenty of cool stuff out here to explore too. The CWWA has been a great resource to hook up with people and see new rivers. The classes and cruises are geared more towards the beginner to class III but there are plenty experienced boaters in the club to show you down the harder stuff when you're ready.

We've got a great group of people on the Board of Directors this year and I look forward to more new social events like this one. A big thanks to goes to Laurie, our events coordinator for setting this up and to Confluence for bringing the flicks

I will definitely have to be there since I'm the one bringing the projector!

·
Registered
300 Posts
COOL! If I don't win a membership as a door prize...I'll just have to buy one. Think they'll be giving away skull-caps as well? DAMN the water is cold!! Anyway...thanks for all the advice. I am very much looking forward to the season. Is it too late to go to the gym? :shock:

·
Registered
648 Posts
do NY'ers taste like chicken?

I'm just kinda morbidly curious... not that I'd ever eat one..

Ryan.... you started this post, it's your fault if I do eat me a New Yorker! Got any BBQ sauce?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts