Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RiverOtter
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the planned date when those who control the dam reduce flows on the Arkansas? I believe it's sometime in mid-August; just trying to figure out last possible paddling dates for Brown's on the 775 cfs they're letting out now.
Thanks!
Terri

·
RiverOtter
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've lived most of that time in Anchorage, Alaska. I only say "Telluride & Montrose" on this profile because that's where I visit family when I come to Colorado. Be nice to the out-of-staters who use this wonderful site, dude!

Thanks to Riverboat Works for your quick reply!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The VFMP is a voluntary agreement between several municipalities, agricultural interests with water rights, and the bureau of reclamation. They maintained 1500 through July 19, two thirds of the month. They cannot release water simply for the sake a rafting or kayaking, it is a coordinated effort to satisfy the needs of numerous users.

·
Banned
678 Posts
Are you a teenager?
That really was the rumor... if it wasn't Captain surely wouldn't have addressed it he would have just called me a rookie. ;) I'll take teenager as a compliment, I've been feeling old lately.

I'm not complaining either. It's been a great year.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Very little project water has been moved this summer and Twin Lakes is quite full. I haven't heard anything about maintaining flows beyond August 15th, but water will have to be moved before next season. However, I think they will drop it in September/October for the Brown Trout spawning.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Why is everyone all over Streedoctors ass! He asked one legitimate question a few days ago and some tool named DoctorDrey or something called him a rookie for no reason. He makes a joke about it here and you're all over him.

One of the reasons the buzz has become lame. Plus no political threads anymore:)

·
Banned
678 Posts
Why is everyone all over Streedoctors ass! He asked one legitimate question a few days ago and some tool named DoctorDrey or something called him a rookie for no reason. He makes a joke about it here and you're all over him.

One of the reasons the buzz has become lame. Plus no political threads anymore:)
I probably deserve it ;) A lot of people here take things a bit too seriously me thinks. That or low water depression (already?!) after a great season. I appreciate it but no worries, I can shrug the haters off :) Especially the ones twice my age that qualify for AARP ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts