Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me company name(s) and/or numbers of people who build (and sell) custom truck racks? i've been thru the suburban topper people, who don't have a solution for my new truck, but i talked with a kayaker who mentioned a custom place, and that you could find them on the buzz - so i haven't seen anything in the for sale sections, can someone help me out?

thanks in advance - S

ps. anyone have a used EZ for sale?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I got my custom rack thru A&A toppers, they work with collmin x racks of denver.

If you send me your e-mail I can send you pics of it.

I have a ram 1500 and I can carry 5 whitewater baots and 2 bikes at the same time. More bikes if I had more yakima bike mounts.

Hope this helps
Danny

·
Registered
487 Posts
Racks

Steve,

I bought a system One rack this spring. It was the one on my truck @ Westwater. While it is not custom per se, it can be customized. It will fit on most trucks, and I am pretty sure that they make them for smaller trucks. The side beams(the vertical ones) have two channels that accept T-nuts, for mounting anything you can imagine. I have seen bike racks, ski racks, oar mounts, tubing mounts, lumber, etc... mounted. The top bars also have T-nut channels for more mounting options, kayak, bike, ski, etc. Most of the racks will fit over a camper shell. Mine is for a full sized truck and probably weighs 100 pounds, likely less. I beleive it is rated for 600 pounds.
I have a friend that had one that fit over a camper shell and had an expanded metal piece covering the hole top for sleeping on (road trips, when you dont want to empty the back of the truck), and ski racks on the side to make it easier for shorted peple to load and load.

Chech it out,
www.ladderracks.com

Scott

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Another vote for remuda, although they have changed ownership since my last rack. The rack is on its second truck. I have loaded 12+ up there, not to mention over a ton of building materials.

Just be ready to run shuttle a lot.

Dave

·
Registered
312 Posts
Stay away from Proline Products, their an online store they sent me the wrong rack from the one I oredered and still charged me the shipping, bastards :evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts