Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Shapp
1,823 Posts
what is too much? I am fairly certain that those two are mutually exclusive. Your main options are Sotar and Wing, I have personally touched a wing IK and raft and they are the nut sack of nut sacks, oops for got Jacks as Leo mentions, all three are pretty bomber, except the wings have the full on urethane going on now, but you would probably have to be the Donald to pay for it.

·
Super Moderator
2,835 Posts
What are your needs that one of the hundreds of different production models do not fit them?

anything that is truly one off custom will be quite a bit more money. The owner of IT usually talks people out of ordering one, unless it is absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have had thwarts moved and d-rings added to boats before to suit our needs on all of our boats. Are you looking for one shaped like an airplane or something:)

·
Registered
556 Posts
jacks plastic
jpwinc.com

THIS!

they will work with you to make sure you get exactly what you want. great folks to deal with, and (in my experiance) you will rcv a few calls from jack hisself.

one of the best customer experiances i have ever had. and I have had it several times.

yay jack!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured I'd probably have to go to jack. I'm looking for a 10 foot raft but I'd like 24" tubes. I've seen some 19"and 21" tubes but nothing near that big. Got to do the royal gorge last year in a little guy with those specs but only 2 baffles and it rocked. Tracked great and you feel like your in a little tank in that thing.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think IT in Denver does custom too.
IT will do custom as long as it's a unique design and not even close to something already on the market. I asked them about this and was told that because they're a warranty repair facility for most of the major brands they didn't want to risk biting the hand that feeds them.

Truth is with all the different commercially produced designs on the market odds are you can find an off the shelf boat that's just what you're looking for if you know where to look.

·
Registered
296 Posts
who made the raft that you rode in? I know momentum made large tubed (for their size) rafts but I have never seen one that big.

Do you have any pics of the raft you were in? bet it looks cool...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Made from a no name in Taiwan. It's actually for sale on tough river stuffs website, ray's letting it go for 1200 I think but once again only 2 baffles.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Custom Raft

Another Vote for Sotar. They make all their boats one at a time, so they're all custom boats at a competitive price compared to the other quality boat makers. I bought a Sotar last summer, this is my second Sotar, imo they make the best boats out there and they are an easy company to deal with.
Also I believe Wing only makes boats for the military now?

Anyone know where I could get a custom made raft without having to shell out too much cash?

·
over the horizon
290 Posts
What are your needs that one of the hundreds of different production models do not fit them?
This was the first thing that came to mind.

Star Inflatables rafts and kayaks. Inflatable fishing boats, inflatable rafts and inflatable kayaks. Paddle rafts, Bug Series, row frames and accessories by Star Inflatables. - StarInflatables

The side tubes really are big when you see them in person.

Floor is not a traditional inflated SB, but a raised standard floor with drain holes.

Made in China / evil.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts