Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Yeah John, see, when you're trying to punch through a breaking wave that size while traveling backward, you really need about 45 - 90 degrees of feather, or else your paddle blade will catch the pile and bring you to a dead stop. You might even want to consider paddling with a C1 paddle to avoid this issue.

I also usually make sure that my noseplugs aren't flapping around loose. The extra drag can really grab the water. I couldn't tell if yours were tight or not from the video.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Learn how to cock your wrist. Open face to neutral faster than a blink of an eye. It's not the paddle......... So many people want to blame their equipment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the noseplug tip, I'm considering taking the leash off also to reduce drag when punching big holes.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Other things to consider are making sure the hair on the top of your head is short. In the back long flowing locks are a plus to help pull you through though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Whatever. I just watched Xavier style the entire middle kings paddling a zero degree feather breakdown. Breakdown, mind you, so quit yer bitchin.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have found that racing stripes speed me up when I'm trying to punch through holes. They decrease my drag coeffiicient by .09 per stripe. I'd look in to it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually the American White Pelican sanctuary is on the Mountain Portage section, not Pelican.

Wikipedia strikes again....

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
I can't believe it you gear junkies need to quit fondling each others egos. It's a fucking paddle not like someone just boated through Clarks fork box with hand paddles.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Mike you can tell you don't troll the buzz as much as you did in the past. This post was making fun of a post that came up earlier about 0 degree offsets.

I had to watch the video a couple times before I realized the wave was pelican, I was waiting for you to get taken out by a bird.

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Ha! You should know better by now, mike. This is Mountainbuzz: colorado's online rafting forum. The posts are all either rafting, or kayakers carefully not actually talking about kayaking. Or rafters not talking about rafting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts