Mountain Buzz banner

current westwater conditions

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  DanCan 
#1 ·
have a trip planned for this coming up weekend - curious what water temps are like down there.

thanks - S

#6 ·
We were there Saturday... great time. I'll get video up in the next day or so.

Camped at the put in... slept in my screened tent with just a light blanket over me.

Ran the whole thing Saturday, water was wonderful, spent lots of time in it. Temps were HOT... 104 at Cisco when we got out Saturday afternoon.

Skull is still pull hard from right to left, go above razor and pivot down. We had 2 boats go between razor and skull rock, never seen it done, it worked although not super pretty. We took a paddle rig down the right side, that was fun as well, not easy to do because you bounce off of Skull rock and then get flushed.

Last Chance is wicked, 2nd hole was pitched one of our guys out of the boat (some would say I knocked him out). The whole run through the canyon was great, rapids had some big holes and wave trains... lots of yelling and splashing.

Oh, and the motor to push us out to the take out was AWESOME.

Oh once more... mellons are on in Green River... stop and buy your favorite. The stand on the south side of the road on the east end of town is run by a nice old couple. They have samples of all the different kinds of mellons. Cooler was empty from the river trip, filled it with water mellons, honey dews and cantelope to bring home.

DanCan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.