1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
God Amongst Men
1,993 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank for the advise guys real big help...you don't need to wipe my ass but you can kiss it. Hope I don't run into you guys on the water, well for your sake that is. Gotta love shit talkers

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thank for the advise guys real big help...you don't need to wipe my ass but you can kiss it. Hope I don't run into you guys on the water, well for your sake that is. Gotta love shit talkers
We're not shit talking...we're just shooting straight with you that you're an idiot, that's all. I hope I don't see you on the water, either. Someone who has a brain incapable of figuring out on its own what is running probably is a safety hazard on the river. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't you paddle a ducky? That is way more pathetic then asking a flow question on a river forum. Plus having a quote from Linda Meyers doubles down your doucheyness. Why don't you stop posting and get back to banging little Thai boys ya pedophile.

Both are low and not close to boulder but Barrel was flowing last time I
drove by and pine creek is still going.

Do yo want us to wipe your ass and spoon feed you too? Maybe tie your shoes for you?

Don't be such a lazy POS. There's a flows page right here on MtnBuzz.

EddyFlower
American Whitewater - AW Homepage
Colorado Division of Water Resources
Welcome to the USGS - U.S. Geological Survey

.......all have flows. Don't know what runs to look for? Use any one of those with a map. 99% of people on this site do daily flow checks without someone holding their hand. Don't be part of the 1%.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gore, Bailey, Shoshone, Waterton Canyon, Lower Blue are your best bets this time of year for runs within a few hours of Boulder. Westwater or Cataract just over in Utah are running for longer trips within a days drive. Pine Creek on the Ark can be fun as low as 350 too, and way more manageable than at high water (III-IV instead of V).Thought you could use an actual reply. The flows button is helpful too but not quite like getting a locals opinion.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Browns is still at about 500 cfs. Nobody would have predicted that it would be runnable in rafts in April and September, and quite possibly October if what I hear about surplus (unused) water is true.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think that the original post was pretty good and legitimate. I have looked at lots of books and internet sources that tell me the "best" flow. There is always lots of room outside of those. It is the shoulder flows outside of the optimals that this guy was probably asking about. A case in point = according to CRC vol 1 lower mishawaka on the Poudre is III- below 2.5' feet or the only info in that book about Browns Canyon is that it is class 3 (IV) below 2500. There is no other info about ratings or flow below that. There is a HUGE range of runs and specifics that only locals/ experienced folks know and that was what this guy was looking for. Heck, if I was following most guidebook's "optimal" flows, there would be lots of runs that I would not have made. Including low water Middle Forks, Arks, Yampa and even Grand Canyon trips! So how about not being a douchebag and just help the guy out or just STFU. If you need any info about runs that I have done, ask and I'll be happy to help you out

·
Registered
228 Posts
^^^
Nobody said anything about checking the guidebook. From the flows page linked at the top of the page, which of the runs that currently say "below recommended" would you recommend to the OP running right now?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Cache La Poudre still 1.7' as of yesterday, and you wouldn't know that by looking at the flows page.

Everything from Narrows Campground down goes at this level (some sections a better than others).

·
Super Moderator
4,369 Posts
Having done a lot of rafting during the drought of the early 2000s and running Pumphouse at 400, Brown's at 300 (paddle boat) and Shoshone at 900, Westwater at 1600, etc. personally I am astounded at what is considered "below recommended" on the AW flows page.

OK, sometimes you have to get out and pull the boat off a rock or shoal. Life can be really rough on the river... :) Those fishermen on the bank would love to be casting into eddys from the front of your raft.

We're having a phenomenal fall in terms of flows right now.

And Aflo, don't let one frustrated naysayer turn you off to the Buzz. Some people think being an asshole is an acceptable way of talking smack and raising showing they're better than others.

-AH

·
Registered
228 Posts
Cache La Poudre still 1.7' as of yesterday, and you wouldn't know that by looking at the flows page.

Everything from Narrows Campground down goes at this level (some sections a better than others).
Wrong. If you clicked on one of the Cache La Poudre runs (which were showing running when the question was asked) you would see that it has a link to the rock report right there.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Having done a lot of rafting during the drought of the early 2000s and running Pumphouse at 400, Brown's at 300 (paddle boat) and Shoshone at 900, Westwater at 1600, etc. personally I am astounded at what is considered "below recommended" on the AW flows page.

And Aflo, don't let one frustrated naysayer turn you off to the Buzz. Some people think being an asshole is an acceptable way of talking smack and raising showing they're better than others.

-AH
Sure...but none of the runs you just mentioned were in a below recommended state when the question was asked (and I don't think any of them are right now, either).

Has nothing to do with talking smack or even thinking about being better than someone else.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.