Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are people on here from the southeast so I will ask this question. Has there ever been anyone do Cumberland Falls near Williamsburg/Corbin, KY. I grew up in Williamsburg and was always down on the Cumberland in canoes as a kid. Just curious.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
State Park

Caspian said:
Had to do it steath, IIRC. I think it's a state park and the state says huckin' it is verboten.
Oh yeah it's a state park. I got kicked out when I was in high school for repelling down there. The lodge is just up the street from the falls. The lodge was built by the Civilian Conservation Core, CCC. pretty neat old building. We always had our senior prom there. I know a few kids who lost there virginity in those woods 8) . My father and I owned a excavating business and we did work down there for the state and my sis worked in the gift shop. I am a colorado boy for the last 20 years but that's a special place for me. I may have my ashes dumped there or BSF when I check out.

I am not up on the acronyms what is "LVM"?
Where are Nate and those fellers from and when do you think it was done?

Some friends and I like to keep tab's on county folklore and this is very interesting to me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
lvm 37 to be exact. actually watched it yesterday. got that and a bunch of other whitewater vhs on ebay for less than 2 bucks a tape not too long ago.

both the guys who ran cumberland falls said it was probably not something they'd do again. looked kinda shallow for a 70(?)'er...

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yeh it's been run by a few people. Nate and John did run it. I know it's been run multiple times by the same person as well. Big shit for sure!

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts