Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been down the gorge this season? I live in Carbondale but lack boating friends to run it with me or a guide. from what i gather it is hard to scout and maybe scary to run blind.

I have ran white and the little white in oregon at higher flows. This season i have paddled the southfork and northfork of the crystal, obj and daisy, barrell springs when it is peaking in playboats and everything was well within my ability level. I also have a good grasp of river safety. If anyone is going to run it and willing to let me come along my number is 970 309 9504.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes, people have been in there this season. She's good to go except for Pine Tree falls. Never been on the White or Little, but their reputations preceed them as difficult runs. The gorge is a huge step up in difficulty and especially commitment over the runs you've done in CO. You might find someone on here, but it's a better bet to get in with the local scene out there and make a connection. It'd be a rough day without a guide your first time.
Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
You will be fine

You will be fine as long as you can use the rocks. I paddled the LWS and white several times at low water this summer. For the crystal it will be like the little's boulder garden type stuff at like 1.5-1.7 or something like that at this level from what I remember of 2 runs several years ago. Either way, use the rocks and its a great run. Russell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts