Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have an educated guess as to what flows will be like for paddlefest this year? mainly wondering about numbers and browns. is the nathrop gauge for browns or numbers? and if anyone wants to meet up and boat give me a shout!!! bringing the hyside mini max and paddle gear!!! cant wait! see yall out there!

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Nathrop gauge for Browns, below Granite gauge for Numbers. Water dropped a little with recent snow and cold temps, but I expect it to start going up again by the beginning of the week. Overnight temps will determine how fast it goes up, but I think 1200-1800 cfs is a good estimate.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's perfect. hoping for medium flows to warm up on for paddlefest and high flows for fibark!!! Thanks!!! see you there

·
Banned
678 Posts
It was warmer a couple weeks ago then it's forecasted for next week (mostly mid 60s and high 30s at night) and the highest it got was just under 900 at the #'s gauge. I don't think it's going to go above 1000 until we see some consistent warm weather.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
It was warmer a couple weeks ago then it's forecasted for next week (mostly mid 60s and high 30s at night) and the highest it got was just under 900 at the #'s gauge. I don't think it's going to go above 1000 until we see some consistent warm weather.
It was certainly warmer a couple weeks ago, and there is fresh on top of the dirt which will slow things down as well...but, its getting to be that time of year where it will stop freezing above treeline. When that happens the shit is going to start coming down. If it stays partly cloudy with occasional moisture things may not get much above 1000 before Memorial Day. However, the "forecast" has basically the same weather until the 3rd week of June. I hope we hold snow that long, then we will have great flows until Autumn.

http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/buena-vista-co/81211/extended-weather-forecast/332218
Who knows, its a crap shoot.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
"20 to 30 May, 2014 - Mid and late next week we could see a shot of showers and potential higher elevation snow as low pressure (that developed across the northwest US) spreads through the west. This round of low pressure may not be as strong, and thus lighter showers are more likely. It may track south and be a 4 corners low situation, bringing showers to the front range mid and late next week as well as to the mountains. Thunderstorms are likely also. We may see stronger and longer lasting high pressure ridging build in across the west after this low meanders through and away (heat wave starting possibly around the 24th and lasting for a week+). "

SnowForecast.com - The ORIGINAL. Our short/long range forecasts have been trusted by millions since 1998.

Looking like the heavy melt is holding off, but the "heat wave" forecast for next weekend makes me think we could see a big jump during Paddlefest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts