Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
addict
739 Posts
joe-

i'm going to meet ben and crew on a low water goosenecks of the san juan trip this thursday and friday. let me know when you're hitting the cross mtn. maybe this weekend? next?

-tango

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yahh... a 12 foot raft shouldn't be a problem at 600 cfs, the river is basically still wide but it's a lot less pushy than normal levels. If I remember correctly there are two tight spots on the river; Snake Pit is pretty bony but not too consequential and there's a river wide ledge that turns into a hole at higher water. You should be able to run Snake Pit but I'm not sure if the ledge is runnable in a raft because only the left side has water flowing through it (there's not enough room for a raft). You'll recognize what I'm talking about when you see a horizon line after all of the major rapids. Have fun.. I wish I could go paddling.
Curtis

·
Registered
213 Posts
Think it will beat the snot out of your raft. I remember scraping alot on the "in between rapid rapids" @ 900-800 in an Oc-1. Of course if ya don't mind scraping thats another story... :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
We are thinking of hitting it on Saturday for multiple runs...

Anyone going to be there? We could use the assistance of an additional shuttle car...

Joe?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm patrolling on Sat & Sunday, then I'm ready for boating full time. Hoping to start with Barrel on monday. You guys should take Matt's rig and dirt bike. That's the perfect deal for cross. Hopefully Bear will start soon so we can stop running all over for silly little runs!
joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts