Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to CB today. Looking to run OBJ fri sat and sun. Got a crew from Denver coming for sat and sun, but looking for folks to paddle with on friday. Hit me up if you want to paddle obj friday. Hope to see some of the usual suspects up there!

Ian
303-907-1373

·
Registered
305 Posts
I will be up there tomorrow evening, paddling Sat. & Sun. Looking forward to hanging out & paddling. Don't invite Cripps, he really brings everyone down.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Aw man, if I knew Tony was coming I would have found a way to make it out there. Those drops have hard landings, but Tony's so soft these days, you could boof on top of him and it'd be like landing on a bed of pillows.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See you there Tony and Billy. Too bad Cripps can't be there. There's always gore race for you guys to do your hole thing together again.

·
Registered
820 Posts
As long as I don't have to deal with Cripps, I guess I'll go too. See you all Saturday AM at the OBJ Campground.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'd guess obj only has a couple good days left. Later in the day/ evening will be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
USGS Current Conditions for USGS 385106106571000 SLATE R AB BAXTER GL @HWY 135 NR CRESTED BUTTE, CO

This is the closest gauge to obj and measures the slate flow. OBJ is only one of several tribs that feed this measurement. We were running OBJ this past weekend when this gauge was in the 550-650 range, which felt like a med/low ish flow to me.

My guess is that OBJ will be bone zone min during the day and possibly low late afternoon. Best shot for good flows is the late run, like 6 or 7 pm put on. Stays light late.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gracias for the beta. I've heard legends of this one so I'm going to go for it tomorrow and stick around if its in. And good beta on the evening flow spike.

Isaac
503 939 9514

1 - 11 of 11 Posts