Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anything in that area is running at a good flow and is accessible? east? daisy? OBJ? forecasts? new hazards or issues?

any info or uninformed speculation appreciated!

·
Registered
846 Posts
In other words, its cranking up there now. The slate river where is crosses hwy 135 is the gauge to look at for CB creek runs aside from the East, which has its own gauge. District Data If the slate is reading over 800ish, the creeks will be med-high in the day and high in the evening. OBJ gets a half grade harder when its high, so unless you are confident running the sh*t, look for a medium level for your first few runs. access is opening up, wood is surely shifting.

I am troubled by all these posts asking for beta without making the slightest effort to investigate. Buy the guidebook, do some research, look at the other threads on the buzz (including a recent one about OBJ flows) and then ask to fill in the gaps. But in any event, have fun and be safe out there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks for the reply. not so much "not making the slightest effort" on my part as much as not knowing where to look. and yes i'm an idiot and somehow missed the recent post. you can't be a good paddler without at least a few mental deficiencies. thanks much for the beta and see you out there

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I've run the Numbers at 500 cfs and Foxton many times, including the boulder garden. Do you think I'm ready for OBJ? I've heard it's actually not that hard.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yea. Low skill plop and drop. Class III tops. At higher water, it kinda washes out though. Great play boat run.

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
I am troubled by all these posts asking for beta without making the slightest effort to investigate. Buy the guidebook, do some research, look at the other threads on the buzz (including a recent one about OBJ flows) and then ask to fill in the gaps. But in any event, have fun and be safe out there!
I've run Coors Falls once at a lower flow, and ran the Royal Gorge with a commercial trip a couple of times when I was growing up. How hard could sliding down some rock be??

But seriously, what size cooler should I bring? Is 60 gallons enough? Will my homemade flip up captains chair be ok? Is a Saturn a good boat for this river?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've run the Numbers at 500 cfs and Foxton many times, including the boulder garden. Do you think I'm ready for OBJ? I've heard it's actually not that hard.
That depends squarely on whether you can look at yourself in the mirror and honestly answer Did I run "the sh*t" of the foxton boulder garden. cuz u said u ran it but if you didn't take the hero line i would have my doubts. and don't lie to yourself, because this isnt about image. anyway, it is a bad idea to ask your friends if youre ready for "the sh*t". When i'm wondering whether it's time to step up my game, i ask my mom.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am just old and grumpy I guess in a sport being infiltrated by the instant gratification generation. OBJ is sick at high flow, wish I could make it up there this weekend. As for running the sh*t:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts