Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings
i am having some trouble here..i just have not found that special creek boat...

I weigh 200, 6'0 tall... my last creeker was a Micro 240..which i absolutely loved, and felt in complete control. I recently stepped into a Salto, well aware that i am on the high end of weight for this boat...having a hard time paddling this efficiently! i was thinking about the M3 (243), or the big gun... and perhaps the huck..but am worried about my discplacement witht he huck

I live in OR and am looking for a creekboat that is suitable for this terrain... steep, tight creeks...drops, IV and V arena..any ideas? thanks for the help! arg, i am going crazy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try the El Jefe. I am 6'4" 220 lbs, and it floats me just fine. I think it will be a perfect fit for what you are doing. Probably similar to what you wer in before, but this is a little quicker and will boof much better.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I work with Jackson Kayak, so a bit biased, but you would do yourself a big dis-service if you don't try the Rocker out. I am 205 and 6.1 and the boat fits so perfect it's amazing. I personally feel that it's the least quirky, and most confidence building boat I have ever paddled.

Not saying it's the ONLY creekboat to get, but definitely built for your size and is really amazing good to paddle.

·
Registered
745 Posts
m3 to small for you...I agree try the Jefe and the nomad 8.5...I think both are the best boats out there...LOL at the rocker being perfect for your size,forgot how big ej was....In craw defense I have not paddled the rocker,so I guess try that if you don't think the above two are for you...IMO the Jefe and Nomad are the best creek boats out...I personally paddle the nomad and came from the embudo and 240...
Gary

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thank goodness for me, EJ did not design this one for himself!! It was a VERY big topic around the design stage and after a ton of market research on avg creekers size. it was finalized to design it for about 175-190 as perfect fit, with the capability of smaller people to paddle it too.

There is a guy back east that is 6.6, 245 and called to say that he fit's in it better than any other creeker he has tried in the past 8 years, but that is obviously a rarity in the creeking world. EJ is about 155.

I would love to hear your opinion Gary as yours is obviously a well tested one. Hopefully we can hook up soon on this last rush of water. I would love to let you test it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to all of you for your help. i will certainly chekc the el jefe out. I played around with the nomad 8.5.... way too big for my liking...and creeking style out here in OR... i look forward to more dialogue about this topic... thanks! nicolas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts