Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6'4", 220 lbs., looking at the El Jefe, M243, and the Nomad 8.5. Wondering what will be the best for a tall guy on Colorado Creeks. I was paddling the CFS for 3 years. I found it to have bad back support and was to slow. Looking for something a little quicker, tracks well, and something easy to manuever.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I'm 6'4" and about 180, so I'm not quite as stocky as you- but I love my Nomad 8.5 I can load it down with gear and it doesn't affect the way it paddles, and my feet haven't been this confortable since I paddled a 10' New Wave Creeker 10 years ago. I think you'd find it has plety of room and is very maneuverable for its size & volume. I particularly find that it supports the back better than any other creeker- I'm sitting more upright and in an aggressive posture than in my old Micro 240, which hurt my feet too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have heard that some of the CO shops are expecting their El Js in the next week or so, but not many people have had an opportunity to sit in them yet. It is probably worth checking out before you make a decision. It seems like the Gus is probably worth checking out too. It's a little longer, but at 6'4 you may enjoy the room, not to mention the price versus the El J...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the advice. I just went down to Confluence and bought the El Jefe, I've heard too many good things about this boat. Sounds like the Nomad has seat issues Dagger needs to work out. Didn't hear that much about the M243.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts