Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has been down the Creede Box run on the Upper Rio Grande yet this spring? I was curious how the log jam situation is looking.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I saw on FB the other day that the guides from Ramble House in Creede ran the box on their day off (water's a bit high for fishing right now) - might want to give them a call.
And Elwood, the Box run is way above Creede. It doesn't show up on your fishing website link because it's a whitewater run. I've never seen much in the way of wood between Creede and Wagon Wheel Gap, but I'm not sure I've ever floated it this high - we usually wait till it's lower to hit the good fishing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just called them and the guy I spoke with said the bridge below wagon wheel is very sketchy but that from deep creek bridge to wagon wheel is good to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks basinrafter. I just talked to Ramble House and got the information i was looking for. Sounds like as of this week the Creede Box is runnable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We ran the upper box with two 13' rafts, a ducky and a kayak on sunday 6/4/17.
Flow was ~2000 cfs. Lots of fun! No strainer issues on that day but the water has risen. Keep your guard up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts