Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are heading on out Deso in early July. We are thinking we should implement some in-camp protocols for social distancing. What have others done?

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
I've boated with the same small crew since during the shutdown.

And wash your hands/don't touch your face/stay home if you don't feel well. Pretty much what you should do to avoid norovirus/common cold/flu/etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone on this thread changed or modified their standard groover situation due to COVID? We are contemplating wag bags in bucket rather than a regular bucket/gamma lid situation but don't want to be excess plastic users if there is no legitimate reason. I've tried searching the internet but haven't come up with much of anything in regard to the groover.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone on this thread changed or modified their standard groover situation due to COVID? We are contemplating wag bags in bucket rather than a regular bucket/gamma lid situation but don't want to be excess plastic users if there is no legitimate reason. I've tried searching the internet but haven't come up with much of anything in regard to the groover.
While there is still uncertainty, your better bet is try and ensure no one on your trip has COVID. There's the 5 day incubation period which makes it tricky, but you could actually take people's temperatures at put-in. If they are over 100.4 say sorry, you can't go.

·
Definite maybe
879 Posts
I wouldn't even worry about it personally. Get vaxxed and don't worry about. If everyone is vaxxed the chances of getting it are very slim.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Pretty much any adult who wants to be is microchipped by now. IMO the biggest risk of having the non vaccinated along is the campfire conversation that will ensue.
I just lost a nephew, 48 years old to covid. He had his shots but Unfortaintly was part of the 6% it does not protect. He was exposed by a non-vaccinated person who was unaware he was infected. My nephew played it very safe because he needed to take care of his wife who has MS and could not afford to get sick. Get your shots do not spread covid please.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I just lost a nephew, 48 years old to covid. He had his shots but Unfortaintly was part of the 6% it does not protect. He was exposed by a non-vaccinated person who was unaware he was infected. My nephew played it very safe because he needed to take care of his wife who has MS and could not afford to get sick. Get your shots do not spread covid please.
bighorn,
I am so very sorry about your nephew and bless his wife
Please, everyone, vaccinate and follow basic good hygiene practices

Reactions: MNichols

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss. Yes, get your shots please.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just shared a tub of homemade potato salad with 6 other people using the same spoon. My oldest kid just came off deso with 15 other horny teenagers. Keep carrying those government endorsed tracking devices. You know Verizon, ATnT, T bag Mobile, and never mind that Alexa sitting on your counter. Our society was F’d in the proverbial A pre inoculation. A little general hygiene goes a long way lab or not. Sorry for the loss BIG H.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Just shared a tub of homemade potato salad with 6 other people using the same spoon. My oldest kid just came off deso with 15 other horny teenagers. Keep carrying those government endorsed tracking devices. You know Verizon, ATnT, T bag Mobile, and never mind that Alexa sitting on your counter. Our society was F’d in the proverbial A pre inoculation. A little general hygiene goes a long way lab or not. Sorry for the loss BIG H.
Wishing you and yours to be virus free in the upcoming cold and flu season

1 - 15 of 15 Posts