Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks so much!
I knew that there we're better answers out there than "just stuff your cot into a tent".

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I have used my Rol-a-cot with a tent for a couple years and it is THE WAY TO GO. I have been in heavy bugs and heave rain and I have never had a problem.

The tent I use and it is awesome is the thermarest cot tent. It is made to be on one of their cots. I would not use their cot but on a rol-a-cot it is bad ass.
https://www.thermarest.com/cots/cot-shelters/cot-tent/cot-tent.html

It is the answer you are looking for. I have tested it and love it.
Do you have the regular or the Large/XL? I saw those before but wasn't sure how well they would work with the roll a cot. Great to hear it works well...might have to find a deal on that tent.

That said...it doesn't seem all that different from many 1 person tents that are cheaper. Mostly just the fly not being as extensive. This alps one looks reasonable...

https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountaineering-Lynx-1-Person-Tent/dp/B00BMKD1DU/ref=sr_1_51?dchild=1&keywords=cot+tent&qid=1584672583&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-51&swrs=AF8ED2B6D861334A7409A7A17C657AA4

Part of me is kind of tempted to get a single wall tent like the Black Diamond...but there isn't one that would be perfect for a cot tent and they are way expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my Big Agnes Tensleep tent. I have the 4, and its awesome! 6 is nice too, but a bit bigger footprint. I believe they are discontinued, but I got one on Moosejaw on sale. Check it out!

·
Registered
182 Posts
That said...it doesn't seem all that different from many 1 person tents that are cheaper. Mostly just the fly not being as extensive. This alps one looks reasonable...

https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountaineering-Lynx-1-Person-Tent/dp/B00BMKD1DU/ref=sr_1_51?dchild=1&keywords=cot+tent&qid=1584672583&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-51&swrs=AF8ED2B6D861334A7409A7A17C657AA4
I don't have cots, but both of my kids have these tents and I think you would be hard pressed to put cots in the based on the "roof" line.... You would be into the front and the back even at 6-8 inches above the floor.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I don't have cots, but both of my kids have these tents and I think you would be hard pressed to put cots in the based on the "roof" line.... You would be into the front and the back even at 6-8 inches above the floor.
Tent goes on top of cot...not cot inside tent ;)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Kamp-Rite-SS-SMS-4010943-Insect-Protection-System/dp/B00197JP04/ref=sr_1_21?crid=L40CERBQG4&dchild=1&keywords=kamp-rite&qid=1584715771&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=kamp,sporting,216&sr=1-21

I have had good service for years from my Kamp-Rite insect tent - mine came with a rain fly. This unit has been the most comfy cot set up I have found for summer time river floats during bug season. On multi days, I still bring a "normal" tent along for those day long rain storms. I did hit one sudden appearing big time CO rain and thunder storm. I did not get wet inside, but the force of the wind pushed off and on, a fine mist thru the rain fly. I put a extra coat of water proof spray on the fly and fixed that.

amazon has tons of cot tent choices, this one was one of the first ones I found and it is light weight and pretty cheap. I have taken extra care of my unit and still use it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I finally got around to setting up the Big Agnes Bird Beak 2 tent with my Roll-A- cot inside. Here are a few pictures. There is about 4 inches of clearance on each end with a regular length 72" cot. If you use a long cot I don't think you would have enough room so would need something longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am 5'7" and I can set upright without hitting my head. I think a tall person would have trouble clearing the roof peak.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts