Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For what's it worth our local Costco has a deal on two ammo cans. Well painted. .30cal & .50cal combo cans for $20.

These are not military surplus sourced so they are recent production with newer seals and no rust.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Saw them last week at the Boise Costco too.

Not quite military surplus quality, but a little better quality than the ones I bought from Cabela's.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
And less likely to be radio active.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Any other Costco locations known to have these in stock in Denver Metro or along the I-70 corridor (Gypsum CO)? Making our first visit back to the front range, and will likely make a Costco stop anyway. Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I recently tried to get some and they were all sold out in Metro Denver. I was told they were expecting a shipment at the I-70/Wadsworth location on the 24th.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ammo box

Just called the Coeur D Alene Costco and they have some as well. These are the smaller boxes not the Rocket Boxes that are groover size, right?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just called the Coeur D Alene Costco and they have some as well. These are the smaller boxes not the Rocket Boxes that are groover size, right?
correct. NOT rocket boxes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The one at I-70 and Wadsworth had 112 the other day, I know they are at least down to 110 as I bought two for my 2 and 5 year olds to have as personal boxes. The small ones will be great for them to play with. If you need some, let me know and I'll see about getting some and shipping them out. Not sure what it would cost or if it would be worth it, but I could try. It's about 10 miles from work for me, so would love a few $ for river beer if trips were made :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I'm a vagabond. I'll come across some at some point. Heck, I don't even have a boat anymore. That sotar on pdx craigslist is tempting lol

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
just played with the checkout... So from SLC to Boise. we're looking at $19 via fedex. or $23 via USPS. the shipping is more than the box. so I guess it depends on how much you want the box. I'm sure it's more to ship farther.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Not sure if the ones at Costco are any better, but the ones if seen at Sams Club in the past are definitely not the same quality as military cans. They were made of obviously cheaper material and if they aren't good enough to go to war, I wouldn't trust them to survive being strapped to an upside down raft.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jmacn - they're definitely not as heavy as real army surplus, but the welds and crimps looked tight, and the gaskets seemed ok. They had a two pack for $19. I probably wouldn't put anything I couldn't live without in there, but if you need something for duct tape, clamps, sunblock, etc., they're probably fine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts