Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very last minute post but any input is appreciated. I am leaving for Costa Rica on Monday morning and wondering about any info. I have read thru previous posts but am looking for anything more current. I am taking a guided kayak trip for 1 week (I couldn't find anyone to wing it with me...) but have some days before and after to play on my own. Any info on kayak surfing on the coast is mainly what I am looking for, including places to stay in or around these areas? Thanks for any beta!!!
Tina

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Costa rica is awsome. I was ther in the spring for a month board surfing. Can't wait to go back. Try the pacific side for consistent surf. Keep in mind that it is the wet season, so the more south, the more rain. Nosara/ Guionees has consistent surf. Stay at the Blue Iguana ($30 night no AC). or Tamarindo (tamagringo). decent town, to many drugs and probably not much rain. If you go south try Quepos. It's near Manuel Antonio state park. the state park is incredible and just north is a surf area. pay someone to watch the car. Also the mountains near Monteverde /Santa Elana are rad. try the sky tour if you make it that far. CR may be small but driving can take forever. do not drive a night on the main hwy's. it is also a haven for opportunity crimes, so keep you head up at all times. all we lost was a cooler full of beer, but much worse has been known to happen. good luck and safe travels and surfs up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go to Dominical on the pacific side- mostly NA surfers or Malpais on the Nacoya Pen.- These are basically totally surf towns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts