Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go to paddling for Dec. 19 - jan. 13.
- :arrow: For those that have been to both, is veracruz, MX or Costa better/ more diverse?
I really want to creek- big drops, waterfalls, whatever
- :arrow: Which one is cheaper?
- :arrow: How hard and expensive is it to find a boat in Costa?
- :arrow: basically I have a lot of questions. Would someone PM me with a phone # so i could talk to them in person?
If you would just like to leave your two cents then please feel free.

thanks for your time, Johnny
970-946-3746

·
Registered
399 Posts
Gore Canyon

Johnny,
do you have time to rally up to Gore before it is gone? I am open for any weekend and I can take Friday off. Let me know, I am having real trouble with the thought of the end of the season and just boating westy.
Will Gore run over labor day weekend?

Give me a call
T

PS- This goes for any Durango boater wanting to drive for class V

·
Registered
463 Posts
Was down the MX last winter from later december to january and chased low water most of time we were there. typically MX and veracruz are better in the fall september-november but you can get more water if you head into chiapas.

I would recomend costa rica but that's just me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i was in veracruz last winter, never got a chance to get in the boat, it was pretty dry though, I am planing on going down to costa rica almost those exact dates, if you are interested give me a call, maby we can put something togeather. 303-818-8968
I was planing on taking my own kayak, I have heard it is difficult to find a boat that you want to paddle down there, paddles etc are susposto be difficult too. give me a shout, would like to compare what I have heard.
nate

·
Registered
163 Posts
Was in Turialba a couple years ago by myself with everything but a boat. Wanted to paddle so went to CostaRicoRios. Made a reservation for a trip the next day on the Pacaure, was ready to pay top dollar ($120 for a boat and shuttle with a already scheduled rafty trip!). Showed up on time the next mornig with cash, was then told they didn't have room for me... basically, take your mopney and piss off. Roberto from TicoTours came through with a Mr. Clean for $45 including everything on the same run.

Unless you have friends down there that you can rent gear from, Rios and Tropicales have newer gear but are gonna bleed you to use it.

2 years and I won't miss a chance to flame Rios...looser choad bastards!!!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
If you're looking for waterfalls, the Santa Maria area (Valles) has a bit more than Veracruz, but most of the runs will be pretty low by Dec. There are a few waterfall runs down in Veracuz, but they aren't that close to one another. Best best: Valles in late Oct / Nov. Salto, Micos, Ojo Frio, Santa Maria, Verde and all creeky waterfall runs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Costa madness

Thanks for all the beta,
Looks like it might have to be costa. Found a ticket for $339. Hey Nate I will give you a call as soon as we get more of our shit together.
Thanks, Johnny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts