Registered
501 Posts
That's awesome, Andy.

Congrats!

Ken

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
VERY cool! Congratulations! Nice to see a nice hometown boy nail it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
CFS

With only ~72,000 CFS in the river, compared to Ian's 110,000, Andy not only nailed it - he crushed it. Ian is no slouch by any stretch of the imagination, in fact, he's one of the best adventure racers / endurance athletes out there. I think this truly highlights how much of a bad-ass Andy is.
Congrats to the entire team!

·
Registered
34 Posts
It is true...

Colorado paddlers,

I just returned from crewing for Andy on his world record attempt. It is true that he just broke Ian Adamson's world distance record he has held since 1997. Yes, flows were 66% of the record year it was reset in 2004 so it is even more impressive. He set his pace monitor for 10 minutes past the record and finished exactly 9 minutes over the record. We went through the rapids sections around 2 am in the middle of the night yet at the Arctic latitude of the Yukon River darkness never sets in completely but it was bad timing nevertheless. Andy's comment I recall as we came out of Five Finger Rapids was " well that was anti climactic" as we were both anticipating a rowdier ride.

I'll send him a link to this thread and I'm sure he appreciates all your comments already.

Jeremy Rodgers
Boulder, CO

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you've ever paddled with Andy, there aren't many WW paddlers that have seen what he looks like from the front.

Congrats, your an Animal

Steve

·
Registered
450 Posts
More and more often we see 20 somethings pushing our sport now a days. Andy is OG, and has been pushing this sport for decades, including the first full decent of Vallecito with Foss & Co. This is certainly just icing on the cake, and very sweet icing indeed!

Good on you Andy, way to be buddy!

-rg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts